Accountant – public accounting practice
YOU have a minimum 5 years previous experience in public accounting working on audits and reviews, including some experience with tax preparation and compliance work.
WE are a team of highly skilled and experienced professionals that deliver:
- A real understanding of the client's business
- A firm where the partners are in tune with client needs and aspirations
- Regular attention and support from an accessible partner
- Commercial realism in the advice given
- Speedy and technically reliable responses to client inquiries.
The successful candidate:
- will be responsible for performing audit engagements, review engagements, and notice to readers, preparation of income distribution slips in February and March, preparation of personal tax returns in April, and providing other accounting, tax, assurance, and related services as required.
- will report directly to senior managers and partners and mentor junior staff as needed.
- must have excellent communication skills, initiative and a real desire to succeed in a client oriented, fast paced professional services environment.
- Performing Audits, Reviews, and Notice to Readers and preparation of accompanying year end corporate tax returns, T3, T4 and T5 summaries
- Assisting with CRA audits and queries and liaising with CRA on assessments and appeals
- Utilizing accounting knowledge to provide advice to clients on various matters as required
- Performing tax research and integrated tax planning on various matters as required
- Communicating with clients, CRA, partners and staff on an ongoing basis
- Fostering and maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Billing, budgeting and billing reconciliations as required.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in Public Accounting
- Previous experience in performing financial statement audits and reviews from planning through to file execution and file completion.
NOTE: Candidates with no previous audit or review engagement experience will not be considered
- Previous direct practical experience in public accounting.
NOTE: Candidates with no direct practical experience in public accounting will not be considered.
- Previous experience with either Taxprep or Profile
- Previous experience with Caseware
- Previous experience preparing personal and corporate tax returns.
NOTE: Candidates with no previous tax return preparation experience will not be considered.
- Completed, or in the process of completing, CPA designation preferred.
- $75,000 - $90,000 per year commensurate with experience